Direct access to skills & competence
Being the first to do something introduces risks that many Critical Infrastructure projects can well do without. IT4A’s 30 year experience in Operational Technology networks enables us to provide the strategic and technical consulting that will bring better outcomes sooner. Our collaborative approach ensures knowledge is shared at every stage and our ability to support the complete OT network lifecycle, from design through operation to obsolescence, gives a unique insight and opportunity to add value.
- Determination of need
- Audit of what exists
- Gap analysis
- Risk treatment plan
- Basis of design
- Documentation set
- Test planning
- Integration & commissioning plan
- Live migration plan
- Post implementation support plan
- Maintenance plan
- Training requirements
- Understand exactly what assets (devices and systems) are connected to the network and why.
- Determine the quality and availability of existing fibre/copper infrastructure, cleaning where needed.
- Assess whether existing network infrastructure (switches routers etc) can be reused or need to be replaced. If the latter why?
- Identify and remove any network bottlenecks that impact many devices and wider system performance.
- Assess the security position of the existing infrastructure.
- Understand what is determining ultimate performance – the network or the devices that use it.