Planning a significant future investment without first understanding the present status results in uncertainty.
Leaving early design assumptions untested introduces a risk that can scupper the best laid plans and budgets. Preliminary investigations into areas of risk can provide a degree of confidence and a source of reference for years to come.
Going into a review or embarking on a new project asks questions of what exists, for example:
We need to…..
- Understand exactly what assets (devices and systems) are connected to the network and why.
- Determine the quality and availability of existing fibre/copper infrastructure, cleaning where needed.
- Assess whether existing network infrastructure (switches routers etc) can be reused or need to be replaced. If the latter why?
- Identify and remove any network bottlenecks that impact many devices and wider system performance.
- Assess the security position of the existing infrastructure.
- Understand what is determining ultimate performance – the network or the devices that use it.
It is IT4A’s experience that enables these questions to be answered with all the supporting evidence and analysis.