Features and Benefits
- External power source supported but not required
- Compact size
- Converts RS-422, and both 2-wire and 4-wire RS-485
- RS-485 automatic data direction control
- Automatic baudrate detection
- Built-in 120-ohm termination resistors
- 2.5 kV isolation (for TCC-80I only)
- LED port power indicator
The TCC-80/80I media converters provide complete signal conversion between RS-232 and RS-422/485, without requiring an external power source. The converters support both half duplex 2-wire RS-485 and full duplex 4-wire RS-422/485, either of which can be converted between RS-232’s TxD and RxD lines. In addition,the TCC-80/80I’s 15 kV ESD protection guards against damage from electrostatic discharge, and the TCC-80I is the world’s first high-speed, port-powered converter with 2.5 kV isolation.
Automatic data direction control is provided for RS-485. In this case, the RS-485 driver is enabled automatically when the circuitry senses the TxD output from the RS-232 signal. This means that no programming effort is required to control the transmission direction of the RS-485 signal. Moreover, the TCC-80I’s patented LED port power indicator lets you check whether or not the TCC-80I is receiving enough power.